- Address: BioQuant (Room SR41), Im Neuenheimer Feld 267 AND virtual, 69120, Heidelberg - Germany
- Registration necessary: Yes
GHGA Symposium Data Infrastructures for Genomic Research in Europe.
The symposium will be held both virtually and in person in the BioQuant (Raum SR41) on 04th October, 14:30-18:00.
The event will have two sessions, one on National Infrastructure Solutions, and one on Trust Building and Patient Engagement in Genome Research, including a panel discussion. Presenters include members of GHGA but also renowned experts in the field of biomedical research, who will contribute their experiences with setting up other European or international initiatives.
Session 1: National Infrastructure Solutions - Status and Perspective
- Welcome Note GHGA
Oliver Kohlbacher - University of Tübingen, Germany
- Individual-level, longitudinal data linkable to genome sequencing data in the Danish precision medicine infrastructure
Søren Brunak - University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Genomics England's clinical and research infrastructure for genomic medicineAugusto Rendon - Genomics England, UK
- Building the German Human Genome-Phenome Archive (GHGA) - The Journey so Far GHGA Board of Directors / TBC
Session 2: Trust Building and Patient Engagement in Genome Research
- Introduction and Overview GHGA ELSI Activities
Eva Winkler - University Hospital Heidelberg, Germany
Fruzsina Molnár-Gábor - University of Heidelberg, Germany
- The social contract and trust in large-scale genomics initiatives. A British-French perspective
Ruth Horn - University of Oxford, UK / University of Augsburg, Germany
- Responsible Genomic Data Sharing: Activating the Right to Science
Bartha Maria Knoppers - McGill University, Canada
- Patient Involvement in Governance / PAGODA study (TBC)
Eric Apondo (TBC) - University Hospital Heidelberg, Germany