- Address: DZNE Campus, Bonn, Germany
- Organizer: DZNE; Nature Electronics; Nature Machine Intelligence, Nature Communications
- Registration necessary: Yes
AI and neuroscience have closely interacted and inspired each other since the beginning of AI. With the fast developments in deep learning over the last decade, AI has had a substantial impact on many applications in science and society. Advances in efficient computing hardware, which are in turn inspired by insights from neuroscience will be instrumental in moving AI beyond narrow applications. This conference aims to bring together researchers from across AI, neuroscience, and computing hardware to renew collaborations, explore synergistic opportunities and transfer ideas from neural to artificial systems and back again.
Topics that will be discussed in this conference include:
- What do AI, neuroscience and hardware need from each other?
- Models of the brain
- Interactions between deep learning/AI and neuroscience
- Neuro-inspired hardware