Interested in becoming a DKTK School of Oncology Fellow?
- Residents / Clinicians until finished residency (Clinician Scientists)
- Scientists with medical background* / Postdocs up to 6 years after obtaining PhD (Medical Scientists)
*at the partner sites Freiburg, Frankfurt/Mainz and Munich, PhD students are not admitted.
Duration / Completion: Up to 3 years; completion with Certificate from the DKTK School of Oncology
Core modules: 100 hours in total
- Basic cancer research, Translational oncology, Clinical oncology
- Bioinformatics, Biostatistics/ Biometrics
- Good Scientific Practice
- Presentation of your own translational scientific work at an (inter-) national conference
- Participation at the CCE Summer School in Translational Cancer Oncology, the DKTK Retreat and the DKTK Young Academics Conference, or equivalent
Travel grant (optional): Application for travel grants for participation on scientific conferences, workshops, seminars etc.
Research Rotation (optional): Application for a temporary research grant of up to 3 months, in Germany or abroad
Application at the local DKTK sites
- Application is possible twice a year (March 20 and September 20)
- Prerequisites: Your scientific project focuses on Translational Oncology; you are planning your further career in the field of Translational Oncology and you are supported by a member of the DKTK Faculty
- Apply with your CV, a motivation letter, a supporting letter** from your PI and a member of the DKTK Faculty.
**A supporting letter is not mandatory for the partner sites Dresden and Essen/Düsseldorf.
Send your application to your local DKTK School of Oncology Coordinator.
For more information on application procedures at your DKTK site please contact your local School of Oncology Coordinator.