- Registration necessary: Yes
The German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) in Heidelberg will host a virtual conference on “Telomeres and Cancer Biology” on 4th-6th April 2022.
The interdisciplinary meeting will bring together basic biologists (FOCUS 1: BASIC TELOMERE BIOLOGY), computational scientists (FOCUS 2: COMPUTATIONAL TELOMERE ANALYSIS) and clinician scientists (FOCUS 3: CLINICAL TRANSLATION) to discuss recent discoveries in the field of replicative immortality and explore opportunities to translate them into improved patient health care.
The conference will cover the following specific research topics:
- Novel experimental methods for telomere analysis of tumor samples and model systems
- In silico analysis of telomeres from biomolecular data for diagnostic, prognostic and
- therapeutic purposes
- The implementation of telomere biomarkers into precision oncology workflows
- Advances in molecular targeting of telomere maintenance mechanisms
- Cancer subtype-specific characterization of replicative immortality by multi-omics
- The impact of telomere crisis on genomic stability and cancer evolution
The conference schedule will explicitly address time-zone differences to maximize international inclusiveness. For academic participants, the conference will be free of charge.
See the conference website of further information.
Link to the registration and abstract submission: https://indico.dkfz.de/e/TelomereConference